The Breville BES860XL is best described as a complete espresso machine. It grinds and brews café style beverages in under 2 minutes and has a wide array of extra functions you can use to customize your coffee.Breville is originally an Australian company and has been around since 1932 and they were even featured on “Oprah’s Ultimate Favorite things” in 2010.
This unit is absolutely beautiful and it really looks like something you would see in a high end coffee house. The dimensions are 11.5 x 14.5 x 13.2 inches and it comes in a classic Titanium color.The Breville BES860XL comes with two filters: The dual filter and the single wall filter. The dual filter is best suited for a little more inexperienced people as there are pre-settings on the unit that correspond with it.
- You can use the single wall filter once you become more comfortable with the unit and start creating your own customized beverages.
- Let’s take a look at some of the features and specifications of the Breville BES860XL before we move on to the consumer reviews and the final verdict.
- The cheapest price we could find for this product was on Amazon. Click here to check it out.
- Breville BES860XL Barista Express Features and Specifcations
15 Bar Thermoblock Pump.
- Integrated conical burr grinder and 100% control over the doses.
- From zero to fresh, flavorful Crema within 2 minutes.
- The single wall filter is non-pressurized and allows you to play around with the grind size and tamping pressure and discover new sides to the art of making the perfect espresso.
- Pressurized dual filter with pre-settings that will help even inexperienced baristas make a smooth crema every single time.
- The 67 oz water tank is fully removable. This makes the Breville BES860XL a lot more flexible and eliminates a lot of hassle.
- Fully programmable and manual settings. This allows you to choose the function you are most comfortable with.
Breville BES860XL Barista Express Reviews
When doing our research, we found approximately 40 reviews for the Breville BES860XL online. Everyone with the exception of one person, gives this unit top ratings. We looked into the negative review on this product and found that one person had experienced problems with the grinder suddenly not functioning anymore. This forced her to return her unit to Breville and receive a new one instead.
This isn’t positive, but it seems like this is a total coincidence since everyone else gives this unit top ratings. Furthermore it shows the great customer service of Breville and that you will be safe all the way throughout the process.People mention that using the single wall filter takes a bit of practice and that it is great that the dual filter is included so you can enjoy great espressos while getting the hang of the single wall filter.Almost everyone comments on how great the taste is and one consumer even admitted to having used the Breville BES860XL 9 times within just 24 hours, due to the great taste! From the reviews it seems like the espresso comes out perfectly every single time and that it has a nice crema to it.A lot of people mention how easy it is to use this unit and that all you have to do is carefully read through the manual and then get started.
The one feature that seems to be peoples favorite however is the Steamer. Here is a direct quote from a customer that explains this a little further “Again, I’ve made coffee on at least three restaurant-quality machines (plus two cheap espresso machines that I wound up throwing away), but never has making steamed milk been so easy. An inch of skim milk (yes, SKIM–you know how hard that is to foam?) becomes a full cup of froth in about ninety seconds, with minimal effort.”